(A much fuller “look back” can be gleaned from a short book written by a former Clerk of Session of the congregation, Mr Sam Pillow, entitled “A History of Druminnis Presbyterian Church” 1842-
It was reported to the General Assembly in 1841 that Presbyterians were meeting for worship in the village of Hamiltonsbawn – indeed the gathering in the village had been supplied with preachers since August 4th the previous summer (1840). Services took place in a building owned by a Mr James Fergus and descendants of the Fergus family still attend Druminnis. We don’t know how long prior to the summer of 1840 that meeting had been taking place but we do know that in 1842 a meeting house was erected about 1 and ¼ miles from the village and the congregation adopted the name “Druminnis”.
The meeting house was opened on 21st June 1842 and Rev. Henry Kidd (from Newry) was installed as the first minister. Early records suggest that in the early years of Druminnis’ existence there were 40-
A New hall was built in 2002 and then in September 2011 after much praying and planning a beautiful new Meeting House was officially opened by Dr. Andrew Rodgers.